Friday, August 27, 2010

A menace to society....

or just to my car? That is the question of the day.

So, I backed out of my garage and straight into Reidar's Commander. It could happen to anyone! In my defense, he didn't park in his usual spot. But my bad for not looking where I was going. I was in a hurry and was concerned with not hitting the "plastic, bounce back if you hit them" garbage cans. Oh, the irony!


From a distance you can't even tell, right?

Up close, a different story. Not terrible but still a couple thousand dollars worth of damage...and not to mention Reidar's Jeep. sigh

I was thinking that maybe I should just stay off the road but when I started thinking about how many times I've "abused" my car, 80% of the time has been on my own property or in my neighborhood. So I started doing the tally...

The first time was with my Bug on 198 going to COS. I rear ended the guy in front of my because I was talking to the person next to me at a light. I totally lied about that one saying I must have been backed into in the parking lot. So basically that has become the truth. ;) Funny how that happens.

Once in Dad's truck. It was so high up I didn't see the little Yugo in the next lane. No harm no foul.

Once when I was 8 months pregnant with Ainsley. The guy in front of me started to go, then stopped.... yep, rear ended him. I think he was so freaked out by the hugely pregnant woman that he said no worries.

Once in our BMW... it was either hit the bus or the guard rail. Guard rail 1 - BMW 0 (btw, the roads in Norway are sooo narrow, in my defense... after that I memorized the bus schedule and never drove when it was near)

Once in our Caravan. No excuse. Just misjudged where the rock fence was in our yard. Sliced open the sliding door like a can of tuna. Good times.

Lets see... my Grandis. Backed into my fence. My excuse? New big boobs that I couldn't turn all the way around to see behind me. That's a good one!

Some fancy expensive car that Reidar borrowed from the dealership. For some unknown reason I had to drive it somewhere. I thought I was in 1st gear, turned out that it was really in reverse and backed into a pole in my yard. That was fun.

Grandis again. Totally not my fault because someone slid into the back of me due to snow and ice. Not my fault but just happened this past Jan.

And now this. Typing it all out, I see that I have a problem with backing up. Maybe I need to have some sensors or something installed.

Or I should just stay out of the car.


2 comments:

DeeAnna said...

I laughed so hard that my palms started to sweat! Hey how about the time I backed into a fire hydrant and impaled the bumper of my mini van leaving a giant hole, fixed it for a bajillion dollars, parked in the same spot a week later, and yes backed into the SAME fire hydrant and impaled it AGAIN. Drew showed restraint and did not murder me. We soooo share the same gene pool! I'm all sweaty and nervous now!!

DeeAnna said...

Big boobs....I didn't realize I could use that as an excuse. Where has that one been my whole life?