Friday, November 27, 2009

A day late and a dollar short

Happy Thanksgiving!


I quietly gave thanks in my head and then got on with my day. For some reason this holiday has been the hardest one to hold on to here. Really, this is the only day that is strictly American. Yes, 4th of July is our Independence Day but 17th of May is Independence Day here. Thanksgiving just got hard to do. It is just another day here, work, school, sports, etc. It just doesn't have the same feeling. Without American family here, I've just let it go.

But I'm ok with it. I celebrate in my mind. I give thanks and share blessings with my family. Just no turkey or Grandma's mashed potatoes. I have lovely memories of Thanksgiving Day in Corcoran. All us grandchildren running like maniacs, thinking that back room was HUGE, and daring each other to go in the back bedrooms where the ghost lives. Good times. The best.

5 comments:

CeeCee said...

Love Thanksgiving when we were little!!! Corcoran Rocks! You were missed...a lot! Love you XOXO

LeeLee said...

Awww thanks for reading my pity party! xoxo

DeeAnna said...

We missed you at Thanksgiving. The highlight of Pajama Day was you Skype-ing in!! Your mom even told some Corcoran ghost stories! Skeeery!

Dees mommie said...

Corcoran will be missed.

LeeLee said...

It is strange to think that Grandma won't live there anymore. But I'm glad to get her across the street from mom.