Take a good look... that is me sitting on the floor of my kitchen with a 8 wk old Atticus. I didn't know what else to do besides hold him so he would stay out of trouble. Those were dark days.

If I could have cooked dinner from the floor, I would have.

Why am I bringing this up? Atticus is almost 1 now and pretty well behaved. I had put those puppy insanity days behind me. Until last night when I had the worst nightmare. In my dream, I walked into my kitchen and found Atticus the 8 wk old. He was chewing up a blanket, it was laying in pieces around him. The metal cage was all chewed up too. I bent down to try and clean up the mess and move the puppy out of the way, but he kept coming back for more. He was like a mini alligator... all I saw was mouth opening and closing, trying to further destroy the kitchen. The feeling that came over me was one I was familiar with. That crazy mental breakdown feeling that I had way back when. I made myself wake up! OMG... and I must have been clenching my teeth in my sleep because my jaw has been aching all day! I'm so happy those puppy days are behind me!
3 comments:
Poor thing! I'm so happy that wee Atticus isn't tearing up your stuff. The nightmares ARE NOT FUN! Did you read about my Planet of the Apes recent escapade?
I did! That was a trip! Leave it to you to have such a weird dream. Planet of the Apes??
I'm glad it's over for you. It is an investment...mine hasn't paid off yet...Esmi will be one in Feb. You remind me of your Mom sitting with the book. I have that memory of her when we were little. Of course it wasn't on the kitchen floor :) The bright side back then would be to be sitting in such a beautiful kitchen...but then I understand wanting to protect your new investment. Great post
Post a Comment