Monday, December 21, 2009

Solsnudagen!

Otherwise known as Winter Solstice. Today is the longest day of the year, and from here on out it will gradually be getting lighter again. Well, until Summer Solstice which announces the return of heading into the dark. It is a big deal!


Today sun up is 9:35am and sun down is 3:40pm. Yep, not a lot of daylight hours. And that is assuming that the sun isn't hiding behind the clouds. The day is 12:58 hrs shorter since June 21st. And it feels like it. The only good thing about less light is that you don't have to vacuum as often. What you can't see can't hurt you. That is what I keep telling myself anyway.

So, YAY! Solsnudagen (literally translated as Sun Turns Day) is here!

2 comments:

DeeAnna said...

Happy Solsnudagen!

Trudy said...

Those limited daylight hours are brutal. My brother Bob now lives in Alaska and I'm amazed. I think my mood would be affected...but I like the vacuum bonus.