I looked at the 5 day weather forecast yesterday in our local paper...and I saw a beautiful sight. 5 days worth of sun! Oh my gosh...it is a rarity! Finally some hope after a long wet winter. Trees are starting to bud, tulips and daffodils are blooming, and my mood is reflecting it. It wasn't so long ago (Dec) when the sunrise was 9:20am and sunset was 3:15pm...yes, just 6hrs of daylight (if it wasn't raining!) I burned so many candles in the house just to make it cosy inside. Right now, sunrise is about 5:45am and sunset is 8:40pm. It is such a huge difference! And the Summer Solstice brings a sunrise of 3:45am and sunset of 10:45pm. I love the long days. I must admit it is harder to get the kids in bed before 9pm now. We just want to be outside! Reidar set up the trampoline yesterday and the kids are looking forward to getting new bikes. Spring is here!
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow, the daylight times are hard to believe. I can see how one's mood could be affected. You must have good sunshades when sunrise is at 3:45!
How many years did it take you to adjust?
btw, it's not Rei Rei or Mr. Lee Lee? :)
There is always a price for having such beautiful scenery! Your pictures are great!
I have trouble getting my kids to bed when its still daylight and they are little. I can't imagine if we had those hours.
Do they sleep more when it is dark longer?
It was easy to adjust to it because it comes so gradually and it is welcomed after the 'dark time'. What is crazy to me is sending the kids off to school in full darkness during the winter. They had to wear reflector vests so cars would see them. Now it just feels better sending them off in the daylight. Everyone's mood is lighter.
As for sleeping longer, they might a little bit just because I can get them to bed earlier. But it isn't a huge difference.
I didn't even think about changing Reidar's name. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction! lol
Post a Comment