Monday, April 14, 2008

Our latest project

Our new house!

This picture was taken last week!
This is the ground breaking last Oct...I just wanted to show the view a bit...it is lovely!

I've been trying to think what I should write about. Being very new to blogging, I've spent way too much time thinking about what would be interesting to say. I'm going to start with our latest undertaking. We are building a new house!

Last March came with a move to a new town, a job change for my husband, and a school change for my children. It was difficult but we have managed beautifully. We found an area we loved here but there were not any homes for sale...so we decided to build. I feel fortunate that we found an apartment in this neighborhood so my children wouldn't experience yet another school change, we could become a part of the 'hood', make friends, etc.

I'm so ready for the house to be finished! The 6 of us (and Spike the dog!) have been living in a 700 sq ft. place for over a year now. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! Our house should be ready this summer, probably while I'm in CA on vacation. The timing stinks a bit but on the bright side...I get out of moving and cleaning! That has to be something, right?

Here is the latest progress! Hey, it put the pictures at the top! Oh well!
If you are interested in seeing more pictures, I have an album on my myspace page
www.myspace.com/ibprettygurly just click on the pics link and you can see the beginning of our journey.


4 comments:

sequin said...

Looks lovely LeeLee! Lots of Luck! Love the blog already.

Lisa said...

How lucky you are to have that view! It is breath taking! I will go check out the other pictures too!

LeeLee said...

Thank you leaving me a note! It really is beautiful here. I don't take it for granted...not even for a minute. Everyday I appreciate the wonder of it all!

Trudy said...

How exciting! I think it will be quite amazing after 700 sq. feet. Well deserved after a big sacrifice. It's beautiful, looks very European. Can't wait to take a photo tour of the inside after you get back from your trip.

p.s. did you want to have so many Loog...'s on your site? I can ask Tom, Bob, and John too? ;)