Friday, May 16, 2008

It is coming along! Reidar and I have been working hard with getting the house painted. It will be so nice to just move in and not have to worry about the outside. From the road, the house looks like it is almost done...but it is only a shell. There aren't any walls inside at all! The carpenters should start working on that next week. Then I'll be able to get inside with the camera.

The first coat of paint went on very easy. It gives me a sense of accomplishment to see the white paint covering the bare wood. The second coat is a bit trickier. Everything is white already so it is hard to tell where you have been! I would have to count boards and lay markers on the ground to let me know where I was last. I'm glad that part is over! I learned that I'm a pretty neat painter. My clothes and hands stay clean....I can't really say that about the other person involved in this project. ;)


I took this pic from the front yard. While we were working, we heard all these bells ringing. My youngest son is standing at the fence watching the sheep that were out to graze. Yet another reminder that we live in the country! I love it! Right now, the fields are alive with frolicking lambs...it makes me smile!

2 comments:

Trudy said...

It's beautiful! You guys must be so excited. How nice you can say you painted it yourself. The sights and sounds of the country make it even better. Look forward to the tour :)

Lisa said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the inside. The outside looks great! My husband hates painting, he would love to hire you.