Friday, June 6, 2008

Countdown



There is definitely some California dreamin´going on in this house.  Zoey has woken up every morning, for at least the last 20 mornings, with a smile and the latest countdown.  Today it was 2 more days before we start our vacation!!

A year is undeniably too long to go without seeing your family.  I´ve missed our house on Mayfair Dr.  I´ve missed sitting in the dark on a warm summer night chatting with the YaYa´s.  I´ve missed my Mom.  I´ve missed my Dad.  I´ve missed my other half, CeeCee.  I´ve missed having cousins around for my children to play with.  I miss my Grandparents. I know that I have this fairy tale version of California because we aren´t living our normal life while there.... it is full time vacation mode.... but it works for me!

Reidar is traveling with us the first 3 weeks then he returns home to work and make our new home ready.  We try to do our family trip while he is there.  This year we are going to Denver to see my cousin and her family.  We had originally planned to drive... but that changed yesterday.  While road tripping is fun, I just had this vision of us pulling into her driveway with the children bound and gagged and us completely gray.  So now we are flying.  Whew!  We will stay a week there.  It is up in the air about spending time in Pismo... our favorite beach.  I have a feeling that Reidar will miss it too much and we will end up there for a couple of days too.  

After he leaves, it is the women in charge (not that he was ever *in charge but you know what I mean).  We will hopefully borrow a neighbors pool to use.  Swimming lessons are planned for the youngest ones.  But other than that, we will just be content to hang out and enjoy each others company.  I already know that there will be a lot of laughter.  

So here I am, Friday afternoon, sitting here with my thoughts.  The suitcases are still in the closet.  Clothes are still in the drawers.  You get the picture.  But I have a list!  lol  That is something, right?

Tonight is the Norwegian premier of the Sex and the City movie.  My SIL bought tickets for us the day they went on sale and it is sold out!  She just sent me a message that there is going to be a red carpet, welcome drinks, and dresses.  I must hop in the shower and shave!  I must find a dress to iron!  I wonder if it is "allowed" to still eat candy while watching the movie while being dressed up.  I´m sure I can find a loophole if that is the case!  It should be fun regardless.  I´m glad I have friends here to be girly with!

Tomorrow will definitely be spent packing and doing laundry.  I only found one of Zoey´s crocs so the other is probably hiding in the vastness of our storage room (it isn´t that big but it is FULL).  Bathing suits need to be found... and the googles, where can those be?  I´m not going to worry about that until tomorrow.... it is a gift I have.  lol  Choose Peace!  lol

Sunday starts our travel day.  We leave at 6:45am on Monday and the airport is 2 hrs away.  So we are taking the bus down on Sunday and spending the night at the airport hotel.  I don´t mind starting everything early!  The kids are excited that they are getting out of school early...about 2 weeks early.  

So, that is what is going on over here.  Lots of excitement!  

California or Bust!

2 comments:

Trudy said...

Sounds like a lot of good memories to experience again very soon. I'm sure your Mom and Cee Cee are beyond excited. I returned your message this morning. God be with you as you travel! Find that other Croc, you'll be needing it.

sequin said...

God be with you as you travel! Looking forward to bumping into you in CA!!!