...I can say Happy Birthday to Me!! Yep, today is the big 40. The kids woke me up by singing the birthday song and had lovely presents waiting for me in the kitchen. It has been a really great day so far. Since Reidar turns 40 at the end of the month, we will celebrate together on Oct. 18th. We´ve invited friends and family over so we are looking forward to that! Other happy news... our house should be done with week! Regardless... the movers are coming on Monday... just hope there is water and electricity!
On a sad note but it needs to be mentioned... we had to put our beloved Spike to sleep yesterday. It came as such a shock... he was only 6 yrs old. After 3 weeks back and forth from the vet, we discovered yesterday that he had an inoperable tumor in his head... it invaded his mouth, nose and eye socket. It was just so tragic but prolonging it would have just been for us and I couldn´t let him suffer just for our own comfort. Needless to say, yesterday was a very sad day in our house... well, it is going to be sad for a while. You don´t realize how much enery and love is spent on these little creatures until they are gone.
We love you Spike!
Sept. 15th, 2oo8
3 comments:
Wow! Happy 40h Birthday!!! I should have remembered, darn it. You're such a young 40 so you have no worries. Hope you were treated royally and enjoy your big bday present next week.
Ah, feel sad for you guys. Spike was so cute and looked like he had a lot of personality wrapped up in those big eyes. I'm sorry you have to go through this. I'm sure he is one you won't forget!
I am so sorry. Losing a pet is so hard and it doesn't matter how long you have had them. They are so much a part of our life and sometimes we don't even realize it.
Happy 40th! Enjoy.
Thank you! I´m enjoying being 40 so far... actually I´ve been too busy to notice. ;)
And yes, Spike will be missed. It has been hard, especially for Ainsley, but knowing how he was suffering has made it easier...made the decision easier.
Post a Comment