Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pet lover?

I guess I am!  Who knew?  

My pet owning horizons have been broadened since losing Spike.  Is it guilt?  I´m not quite sure but I love having happy children!

Punky the cockatiel was added to our family a month ago.  We adopted her from a friend of Ainsley.  I didn´t know how much joy a bird could bring.  She gets a lot of love and affection.  When I walk into the room she always flies to me...it could be all the sparkling jewelry I wear.  :)  Oh, and she has laid 3 eggs since she´s been here!  Crazy!

Today was the big "Bring home a hamster" day.  Griffin looked at all of them at 2 different pet shops and finally decided on Bella.  So far she has explored every inch of her cage, gone through every tunnel, and ran on the wheel.  I think she will be happy here!  She is so cute!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are wearing fur coats in hell right now.

LeeLee said...

::::::::la la la la la la la:::::::::

Trudy said...

Cockatiels are very friendly and get very attached to their owners. You gave me a good laugh with the well endowed male hamsters - eeewww. I think maybe we're the opposite when it comes to pets. I like the big ones and you like the little caged ones.

LeeLee said...

We will get a dog again one day, probably the same breed. I can´t have a dog that can eat off my coffee table! That is my criteria! lol My SIL has a huge dog and if he walks by the coffee table, his tail knocks things off...too big! ;)

Lisa said...

Bella is too cute! Maybe when my kids get older a hamster would be fun. I remember my dad's cockatiel. He always wanted to be on his bald head!

LeeLee said...

Is that why Punky likes Reidar´s head so much? lol