There are many reasons why I haven´t been around lately (can´t believe that it has been months!), but the biggest one is the smallest in the house. We got a new puppy! I swear new puppyhood is like labor.... you tend to forget, block it out... or flat out live in denial! Anyway, he has given me a run for my money! His name is Atticus Xavier Retzius. He is a little over 3 months old now, we got him at 8 weeks. He is part dachsund, toy poodle, and japanese spitz... but he looks like a terrier... go figure! All of these are little dogs... yet I keep hearing "oh, look at the size of his paws!", or "wow, he is going to be about 50 lbs!" WHAT!!!! I guess that is part of the mystery of getting a mutt but I sincerely hope he is little.... please stay little!
I´ve learned a little bit more about myself during this time. I´m quite controlling.... there, I said it! Every little accident is a testament to my failure... or so it seems. But I am getting better. And he is getting better. I´m still up a couple of times a night to take him out. He is like a dead weight... he lays on his back and makes me pull him out of the crate... stiff as a board. It is the funniest thing. I end up carrying him like a baby outside, him yawning the whole time. Life is rough for a puppy!
We picked him up on Zoey´s 6th birthday, March 7th. The other kids had to make sure that she completely understood that he was NOT her birthday present!
3 comments:
Cute, cute, cute. Looks like some good enough smarts to pose at the end! Yes, pretty much like having a baby for a while, but in the long run, very worth it. Our Molly, small mut at first too, is not so little, but is a very good dog. So thankful we stuck out the needle teeth, mutilated flip flops and inside accidents.
Atticus looks like he has a lot of personality. Don't worry even someone who LOVES animals has that buyer's remorse. You know the "what was I thinking?" Have no fear puppy-hood doesn't last forever and all that you put in will show up someday. It's an investment. Meanwhile the kids are in Heaven, while you're serving your time in Purgatory.
Atticus Xavier would make a cute boyfriend for Esmerelda Cocunut (Esmi). Is he coming to Cali?
Thanks for all the words of encouragement! He is getting a lot better. I am doing the crate training and he can finally stay in there from midnight til 6:30am without an accident. Love getting a little more sleep! He is super smart, very active and the kids love him. He is growing on me ;o) lol
No, he is staying here for our Cali trip. We have great friends that will watch him for the 3 weeks that Reidar is away... then Reidar will take him to work with him the rest of the summer. I just hope that all my hard work doesn´t go out the window! But we are still a month away so I´m keeping the faith. I know my kids will love to come and see Nutmeg and Esmi.... they are so petite compared to the big guy here.
Post a Comment