I´m not sure how much anyone slept that night because the anticipation was so great. Reidar is the fire guy, making out house toasty warm for us.

The kids have told me that their favorite part of the day is finding that Santa had filled their stockings. Zoey is the picture of excitement here! lol She always wakes up bright and cheery. I spared you all a picture of the oldest...she would have been mad at me anyway!

Another joyful face!

After the formal meal the night before, it was nice to just be use around the table. We had nice cheeses and meats, smoked salmon...yummy!

The aftermath...I´m always surprised at the mess we can make!

Last night was New Years Eve. We spent the evening at Pia´s house (we take turns hosting). It was definitely a more relaxed atmosphere and we had a lot of fun. The highlight of course is the fireworks. The night was freezing but clear. It was just beautiful with the fireworks going off all around us. And being that it is mountainous, you get a wonderful view and can see many celebrations going on around you. Truly magical! I wish I could have gotten a picture of it!
So, now I´m all caught up! I hope you all have a happy and healthy 2009!
4 comments:
Great picture of Reidar. It's good to capture moments like that so you can remember all the nice things husbands do :) Zoey looks so cute and excited, as well as Griffin.
It looks like it was a very Merry Christmas in your new home.
Your home is beautiful! The lights in the windows and in the house make it so warm and inviting. I love reading about your traditions! It is great that your kids get the best of both cultures. Lucky kids.
It must have been special to have your Mom there for Christmas! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!
Forgot to add in an earlier comment that I love your new background. It looks like your taste.
Thanks for the comments! We had a lovely Christmas. And the background...I tried many on before I decided on this one. I think it says "me" also!
Post a Comment