Friday, October 30, 2009

The fruit of my labor

First the first time in a few years, I found PUMPKINS! They were pricey but I bit the bullet and bought 2 of them. Ainsley and I gutted and carved them for Halloween. And I toasted the seeds this morning. It was pretty gross getting slimed but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

They taste so good!
The finished product... they are sitting out on my front porch. Very festive.

Ainsley was supposed to have her girlfriends over for pumpkin carving yesterday but she got sick. Poor thing woke up with a fever, coughing, and achy. This morning her fever was 103 and Garrett and Zoey woke up coughing (no fever thankfully) So I have 3 kids home with me today. H1N1 is making its rounds here in Norway. The government was on the news over the weekend recommending that everyone in the country should be vaccinated and they have enough to cover the population. Scary! There are 4 10th grade classes at her school and one whole class was absent yesterday. I'm about ready to bust out my mask!

My house has a few decorations up and I'm sure we will get a handful of kids ringing my door. We ARE that American family in the neighborhood. My kids are happy though and according to their friends they live in THAT cool house... my job is done.

1 comments:

DeeAnna said...

Sorry about the old H1N1. It made it's way around here a while back. I did buy the mask but didn't want to hurt Brocky's feelings by wearing it!