Ok, I know that some of you are dog owners so I have a question for you.... how do you deal with the shedding? Are you blessed with non shedding dogs? Or do you just have that calmness that a dog lover has for all things "dog"?
See that picture above? You probably see a young beautiful girl loving on her smart well behaved dog. What do I see? I see a crazy person lying on a floor that is probably covered in dog hair, snuggling with a dog that is shedding as we speak, and will soon go sit on my couch covering it with dog hair. I need help! How do I get past it? He is only 8 months old for goodness sake!
When we had Spike, he used to shed a little but I thought it was a ton. Now I know that I was grossly overestimating the amount of hair. I never complained about the hair (or should I be calling it fur...my blog... hair it is). My biggest complaint was the "weiny juice" that he would drip on the floor...so gross. At least Atticus has a long neck so he can take care of business down there...poor Spike was not blessed with that capability.
And here I sit, pondering if weiny juice is better than dog hair. INSANITY!
Am I crazy? Do I just need to relax and let the hair go? Do I just need to vacuum every day? Or do I just need medication?
Talk amongst yourselves and get back to me on that.
3 comments:
Oh dear....let me just confirm that dog hair is better than ...um....weiny juice (first time ever putting those two words together -ick). You fight it to the degree you can in a regular routine and then you let it go. It bothers me to a degree and then I overlook it. Maybe try keeping him only in certain areas of the house and only on one piece of furniture? The people I know who feel this way usually keep their dogs outside, then come to my house for a little shock to their system. Put a dog shirt on him that covers most of his body? buy lots of lint rollers? get a darn good vacuum that can be stored closest to the most hair? Best of luck, it's all going to be okay :)
You sound so calm about it all.... I need to take lessons from you. He is already pretty much confined to the kitchen but unfortunately the kitchen is upstairs so he had to go thru the whole house to get outside. I think the key is getting another vacuum hose. We have a central vacuum so it would be smart to have a hose on each floor.
And thank you for verifying that weiny juice is way grosser! haha!
hee hee, what were you thinking getting a boy dog! Eccchhhhhy! I say hair wins over weeeeny juice any day. Our dog doesn't shed so there. I say pick up the shark vacuum and the shark steam mop when you are back in the states!
(Meds will help too)
Post a Comment