Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I thought I would just cover all my bases here.
We had a wonderful holiday! Reidar took over a week off and it made it really feel like a vacation to have us all home together. There has been A LOT of snow on the ground for over 2 weeks now. That is practically unheard of here! Because we live close to the ocean we rarely get snow and if we do it never lasts this long. Freezing temps also.... I can't remember the last time it was this cold for so long. Maybe never? But the kids have had a great time sledding and such. And Atticus... loves the snow! He dives right in.
So here are a couple of pictures. My camera was MIA most of the time but I did manage to get a few.
I really wanted to hold onto Christmas longer but yesterday, after the 4th ornament fell off the tree, it all had to go out. I was sad to pack it all away because the house is so cosy feeling but once I started, it felt good. I was worried the house was going to feel empty but it actually has a calm feeling again.
I like calm.
2 comments:
So pretty and cozy! I love snow, it makes the holidays feel so snuggly!
Looks like you celebrated well. It's nice that you can appreciate the snow but not have to live with it very often. Wish we'd get an occasional snow day here. Impressed that you made the stockings - you're just like your Momma.
Post a Comment