After staying up way too late, way too many nights, I decided to go to bed early. I like staying up late so I'm usually not in bed before 1am (LOVE the quiet!). Well, I started the "shut down" procedure about midnight. Taking the dog out one last time, starting the dishwasher, checking locks, that sort of thing. I was making the rounds to check on the kids one, when I happen to notice that the HAMSTER CAGE WAS OPEN!! And there was NO HAMSTER to be found! OMG! It is probably 12:30 now. At least I know that she in on the ground floor but still.... playroom, 4 bedrooms, bathroom, and laundry room. Holy Moly! I find a flash light and do a once over in all the rooms, under beds, under the piano, under the laundry stuff, behind computers... no hamster. Then I think that she can climb.... she could be anywhere! So I decide to clean the cage real fast in the garage so I can put in on the floor (yes the cage is probably 3 feet off the ground so I'm worried about an injured hamster too) and coax her in with food. Now it is probably 1am. And I'm thinking how in the world can I go to bed knowing she is loose somewhere in here. How about when we let the dog out in the morning... she would make a tasty treat for sure. And what am I going to tell Griffin!!!
I thought I would just sit still in the playroom and try and listen but the bird! OMG, she was wide awake, walking all over her cage, making so much noise. @@ At around 1:30, I start to walk out of the playroom and at the very end of the hallway, in the laundry room, I happen to see a little creature run across the floor! What are the odds? I run and shut the door, grabs some snacks and the hamster ball. I'm so lucky she is tame because I was able to coax her out from under the hot water heater. Finally, she was safely back in her cage. Disaster avoided!
2am, I'm in the shower and start worrying that maybe a child didn't open the cage. Maybe she figured out how to do it since she climbs all over it. So I have to run down with a paper clip and tie the door shut. Now I can sleep. lol But yes, way too awake to fall asleep.
I will get to bed earlier today! lol
And tell we why I have so many pets??? ;)
3 comments:
Holy Moly is Right. You are a good mommy to have so many pets. That post is so Lisa! Your brain never shuts off!!
That's dedication, and being a good Mom. I might have gone for the I'll be able to find an exact twin tomorrow. It's really freaky when you're just about ready to fall asleep and your cat brings in a live bird through the doggy door.
I think I could have gone for the exact twin thing if I knew for sure she was gone. But I was terrified of never finding her but knowing she was there someone. "Where is that bad smell coming from?" That was my motivation!
Post a Comment